The establishment of the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals was of the remote past. The Group has preserved a considerable amount of archives and relics and is reckoned as the non-government organization holding the most comprehensive records. Many scholars believe that research on the archives and relics of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals could help them comprehend the early history of the Chinese community in Hong Kong. In 2010, Tung Wahestablished the Records and Heritage Office aiming at safeguarding, opening up and sharing the heritage of Tung Wah through the promotion of cultural heritage and provision of cultural services. The Office manages the Tung Wah Museum and the TWGHs Maisy Ho Archives and Relics Centre. The Tung Wah Museum was once the Main Hall of Kwong Wah Hospital at Yaumatei opened in 1911. In 1970, when the Group celebrated its centenary, the Board of Directors converted the building into a museum to collect and preserve the invaluable archives and relics of Tung Wah. The building was declared a monument by the Government in 2010. The TWGHs Maisy Ho Archives and Relics Centre opened in March 2016, the archives and some selected relics pieces once preserved in the Museum are transferred to the new centre for permanent custodian. With the support of the Board of Directors, The Records and Heritage Office has in recent years launched a number of significant conservation and public education projects.